Get exclusive early access to exhibitions and select events. Find out more today!
Are you a contemporary arts enthusiast and eager to get involved in the local art community? Show your love by helping Atlanta Contemporary deliver exceptional arts and cultural exhibitions and programs year-round!
Our volunteers play an important role in ensuring contemporary art is accessible to all audiences. Volunteers receive hands-on experience in setting up for events, photographing exhibitions and public programs, as well as maintaining campus facilities and getting to our patrons at the Welcome Desk.
Once you’ve volunteered 25 hours of your time, you’ll receive all the benefits associated with a Contemporary Creative membership to Atlanta Contemporary. That includes discounts on select events, a 10% discount to our shop, and much more!
Volunteers must be at least eighteen years of age or older. You must also have a background or interest in contemporary art, studio art, or art education and be willing to commit your services for a specified period of time.
Become A Volunteer
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your background, skills, and which of the responsibilities listed below that you are interested in getting involved in to Abby Bullard, Development Manager, at [email protected]
Our volunteers are involved in all aspects of nonprofit management, including these types of projects:
- Visitor services: Staff our Welcome Desk. You’ll interact with visitors, handle sign-in, answer phones, and oversee the shop.
- Photography and videographer: We need avid photographers and videographers to capture our exhibition openings, events, and educational programs. This is a great opportunity to help us while building your professional portfolio. Volunteers must provide their own camera equipment. Digital format is preferred. Photographers receive credit when their images are used.
- Special events: We host a number of events and programs throughout the year. Volunteers assist with various aspects of event preparation such as event planning, set-up and clean-up, and guest registration, among other tasks.
- Gallery preparation: Assist with exhibition installation and deinstallation. We change exhibitions regularly and need volunteers who are handy. Assignments include painting, graphics installation and removal, construction, and clean-up. Previous experience a must.
- Gardening: Help keep our studio courtyard healthy and green. You must provide your own gardening equipment. Reimbursement for expenses must be pre-approved.