We suggest gathering materials before the event begins. Your materials can be whatever you have access to, but we suggest having these things available.
1. Postcard Surface
Printing paper, sketch paper, magazine (that you can cut up), packaging (tooth paste box, cereal box, spaghetti box, labels from can and jar)
2. Binding agent
Glue or tape
3. Mark making tool
Get creative! Paint (water color, acrylic etc.), crayon, marker, color pencil, pencil, food coloring, coffee, grape juice, paper towel, bumpy item - thickness of a coin, stamps (shapes, animal etc.)
4. Cutting tool/scissors
5. Stamps (for mailing your postcard)
About this Event
This interactive event will be streamed via Zoom. This activity is great for kids 8 and up to complete on their own, or 5 and up to do with help from an adult. Makiko and Atlanta Contemporary will be live streaming from 12pm-2pm, but you are welcome to leave the video when you feel that you are finished with your postcard or would like to finish off screen.
Watching via Zoom
Zoom participants can join in via audio, video, and text chat during the open conversation portion of the lecture. Register here for the meeting and receive a link to join when it begins. Zoom participants are capped at 100 people.
Zoom Conversation guide
First-time users can watch this video on how to join a Zoom meeting.
- Zoom viewers will enter the conversation with audio and video muted. Please stay muted until asked to un-mute. We promise we want to talk to you!
- Start by introducing yourself with your name and pronouns.
- We are here to grow and learn! Be open to different styles and areas of knowledge.
- Share the floor – Be conscious of others joining in with questions and comments.