Get exclusive early access to exhibitions and select events. Find out more today!
Past Event October 18, 2018 / 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Join Atlanta Contemporary & Extremely Michael for an evening of drinking, drawing, and DJing – all to give YOU, our artists in the community, a time, a place and a space to make work for GIFC (Got It For Cheap)on Thursday, October 25. Works will be included in the GIFC Atlanta event. Not all works will be selected to travel on to future GIFC shows and will need to be picked up by no later than October 31, 2018*. Artists will be sent an email notification to pick up, if applicable.
- You are responsible for bringing your own materials
- Atlanta Contemporary will provide a space to work, cash/credit bar with tasty cocktails, and good tunes provided by Extremely Michael
- All works are to be on paper no larger than 9”x12”, and no smaller than 8”x8”, unframed
- Original works only! No prints
- Work must be properly fixed if using pastel, charcoal or other such materials
- No sculptural elements adhered to paper that might make stacking a challenge
- We recommend each artist gives between 5-30 works
- All works will be priced at $30, and the artists will receive $15 for each work sold
- A form will be provided that must be filled out with your PayPal information. Payments will made at the end of each quarter (March, June, Sept, and December)
*Atlanta Contemporary is not responsible for works left after October 31.
This is a FREE event- Skip sign in at the front desk! All you need to do is RSVP with the link above or click here.
Mike Stasny is an installation artist, performance artist, and sculptor from the midwest currently working out of Atlanta. He primarily works with raw building materials and broken furniture converting them into “creatures” inspired by natural history museums, sci-fi, and his grandfather - an eccentric taxidermist whom let Mike play in his basement with numerous dead things. His most notorious work to date is “what what in the butt” - a youtube viral video that conflates homosexuality, blackness, and religion into an absurd / escapist cartoon like universe. On occasion, he provides “MUSIC YOU NEED” for art related events.
An Atlanta native, Cole has always strived to be a true individual. Growing up in holistic, all-natural environments he learned early on the importance of sustainability & thinking outside the box. Sinking his teeth into the hospitality industry enabled him to experiment with different approaches to culinary crafting, eventually finding that where he shined the most was in engaging with new people & sharing his passion for culinary creativity.
October 21 / 10:30am
a yoga series
A yoga series presented by Maggie Benoit and collaborating audio and visual artists.
October 25 / 6:00pm
Got It For Cheap
Join us for a unique shopping experience with Got it For Cheap!
October 28 / 12:00pm
A free and interactive family-friendly program, Contemporary Kids introduces children to contemporary art and artists through approachable media and hands-on activities.