Get exclusive early access to exhibitions and select events. Find out more today!
Current Studio Artists
Studio Artist Wall
The Studio Artist Wall is generously supported by Georgia State University, The Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design.
Featured Studio Artist:
About The Studios
The Studio Artist Program supports a diverse range of disciplines including ceramics, film & video, installation, painting, performance, photography, and sculpture. Atlanta Contemporary offers artists private workspace as well as opportunities for dialogue about contemporary art through free public programs, a professional resource in the staff Curator, and an ever-growing community amongst current and prior participants in the program.
How To Join
Studios range in size from 225 to 755 square feet; each space is unique. Rental rates, which include utilities, parking, and Wi-Fi, are subsidized at 30% market value approximated based on the square footage of each studio. Studio entrances are located within a secure courtyard next to a parking lot reserved for program participants.
Emerging, mid-career, and established Atlanta-based artists may apply when space becomes available. Selection criteria include consistency with our institutional focus, level of activity as a working artist, and history of community involvement.
The Studio Artist Program is an independently-driven atmosphere and communal environment. Atlanta Contemporary encourages creative growth and experimentation.
Applications to the Atlanta Contemporary Studio Artist Program are currently closed.
- Selected artists are expected to work in their studios on a consistent and ongoing basis.
- Artists have 24-hour access to the studios and are invited to engage with the exhibitions and programs on view and available at Atlanta Contemporary.
- Studios are work spaces - not living spaces, salesrooms, or offices.
- Standard studio-practice safety procedures apply, including a no smoking policy.
- Atlanta Contemporary does not promise an exhibition in any of our galleries or project spaces.
- Artists are expected to have their studios open to the public approximately 3x per year - ART PARTY and Open Studios (2x per year).